DegreeWorks - Student Life (2023)

Table of Contents
Generally Use of DegreeWorks


DegreeWorks is an online advisory tool designed to help students and advisors assess an individual's progress toward a Queens College degree.

To access DegreeWorks, log in to the CUNY portal at
then clickDegreeWorks – Online Counseling System.


What is GrauWorks?

DegreeWorks, a web-based program, takes your first CUNY transcript and organizes it so you and your advisor can view completed and upcoming degree requirements by category.

What advantages does DegreeWorks offer?

DegreeWorks will help you:

  • Find out what requirements you need to meet at Queens College to graduate.
  • Find out which requirements you have met. List the courses you have taken in each of the required areas, including Primary College Skills, LASAR/PLAS/GenEd, Intensive Writing Units, Specialization, Specialization, and Concentration.
  • Identify which courses you still need to take to meet the degree requirements.
  • See which courses you have taken or taken on as electives.
  • View individual course grades and your GPA for your specialization, major, and/or concentration.
  • Determine the transfer credits, clearances, and exemptions applicable to your title.
  • See how your course can be applied to another course, major, or concentration with the what-if feature.
  • Try possible grade point averages with the GPA calculator.
  • Confirm your academic position.
How do I access DegreeWorks?

You must have a CUNY portal account

give clickHerefor a worksheet to create an account on the CUNY portal. If you are having difficulty creating your account, please visit the ILO Help Desk at DH 151 or call 718-997-4444.

What should I do if I think my audit is wrong?

If you think that DegreeWorks is showing the wrong requirements for your major, major, or specialization, please contact the appropriate department or Student Advisory Center (KY 217). A professor or advisor may contact a DegreeWorks coordinator to correct inaccurate information.

LASAR, primary or other problems can be referred to the counseling center.

Inquiries can be emailed

Why can't I see my audit?

Most college students should be able to see their exam. However, three types of students cannot access it:

  • Bachelor-Student
  • Students who have not been activated for the semester
  • New students and exchange students who have not yet enrolled in courses
I get an 0718 message (or other error message) when I try to access my audit. What should I do?

If you are a graduate student with no active semester, or a freshman or transfer student who has not yet enrolled in courses, you may receive this error message.

If you do not fit into any of these categories, please visit the ILO Helpdesk at DH 151. A ticket will be generated if necessary to resolve any access issues.

New entrants and transfers: After registering for courses, please allow about a week for your audit to update. If you continue to get an error message, contact the ILO Helpdesk.

I just enrolled or dropped out of courses. Why isn't my audit updated?

Audits take up to a week to update after changes are made to a student's record. Come back to DegreeWorks in a few days.

Use of DegreeWorks

How does a DegreeWorks audit work?

The exam is divided into sections:

  • biographical data of the students
    • Employee ID
    • Name
    • Gray (BA, BS, BBA, etc.)
    • First declared major
    • Klassenrang (U-Freshman, L-Junior, etc.)
    • Date of last update
  • Header (contains part of the above information)
    • Number of transfer credits
    • Academic status (good academic level or poor academic level)
    • cumulative grade point average
  • Use
    • This section contains a general checklist of what students need to complete, e.g. B. Complete and intensive writing courses.
  • CUNY Competency Assessment Requirements
    • Most students enter Queens College after passing placement tests. Completion time information will appear for those who haven't.
  • Primary College Skills Requirements
    • These degree requirements may include English writing, math, foreign languages, and physical education.
    • This area outlines each student's liberal arts requirements for graduation. A GPA is displayed for the courses used in this section.
  • Major/Minor/Concentration
    • Each student's specialization, specialization, or concentration is displayed with the total number of credits required for each program, as well as the GPA for each program.
  • Electives allowed
    • Students are allowed a varying number of electives based on the number of courses completed as well as the number of credits required for the major or minor. A student with an undeclared concentration has a greater number of electives than a student with a declared concentration and a lower concentration.
  • Electives not allowed
    • Any course that exceeds the number of credits allowed for electives falls under this section. Students should pay particular attention to this area, as the courses listed in this section may affect eligibility for financial aid.
  • insufficient grades
    • Lists all courses that received insufficient grades to meet grade requirements, such as B. grades F, WU, W, WA, ABS, INC, Z and @ (which are courses that have been repeated).
  • no course
    • It lists all the courses you are taking or enrolled in an upcoming semester.
When should I review my DegreeWorks audit?
  • At any time! DegreeWorks can be accessed from any computer or device with internet access.
  • Before Enrolling: Review your audit and use it to plan your program for the semester.
  • After enrolling and posting your grades, confirm that the courses you selected meet the required requirements; see updated GPA.
  • Before applying for the degree, review your transcript to ensure all of your requirements are met.
What can I do with my DegreeWorks audit?

With DegreeWorks you can:

  • Identify courses that need to be completed.
  • Choose courses that fit your study needs.
  • Design a closing date.
How is a DegreeWorks audit different from a transcript?

DegreeWorks allows you to take stock of the requirements you still have to meet. It informs you about your future study options and provides you with an average grade in your major.

Your academic certificates are the official certificates of the university. While it lists the courses you take by quarter, it doesn't tie them to program requirements. Official copies must be obtained from the Registry Office at Jefferson Hall, Room 100. Unofficial transcripts are available from CUNYfirst.

What does this sign mean?

If you see an "@" sign next to one of your requirements, it means you can take any number of courses to meet it. For example, if you need to take “3 credits in SOC@” for an elective, you can take 3 credits of any sociology course. On the other hand, if your requirement is 3 credits in SOC 2@, you must take 3 credits in a level 200 course.

What is a what-if audit?

The what-if feature is a great tool to use when you want to change or add a specialization, specialization, or concentration. To create a what-if audit:

  1. On the left side of the audit, click the "What if" tab.
  2. Select the desired degree (BA, BS, BBS etc.).
  3. Select the year in the catalog that corresponds to the year in which you will select the specialty.
  4. Choose up to 6 majors, minors and/or majors.
  5. Click Process Audit.

Review the requirements for new programs carefully to see how this affects your future semesters. You can discuss these new programs with an advisor.

What-if audits are not stored in DegreeWorks, so you must follow the steps above to revisit any what-if audits you have created. You can print out your what-if audit for future reference.

Please note: a what-if audit does not officially change your specialty. You need to go to the registry office to send the appropriate form.

What is the look forward function?

If you are interested in taking courses and are unsure how they will affect your study requirements, you can use the preview feature. To access this feature:

  1. On the left side of the audit, click Look Ahead.
  2. In the Subject field, enter the subject of the course you wish to study (SOC, ENGL, HIST, etc.).
  3. Enter the course number of the class in the Number field (101, 205, 381W, etc.).
  4. Click Add Course.
    To remove an added course, select it from the Courses you are considering box and click Remove Course.
    Repeat steps 1 through 4 to add more courses.
  5. Click Edit New.

Please enter subjects and course numbers carefully (ENGL 110 not ENG 110)! Incorrect entries do not meet the relevant requirement and courses will appear blue in your audit.

Who can train me to use DegreeWorks effectively?

Student and advisor manuals are available on the DegreeWorks page on MyQC. You can access one by clicking onHere. Please note that you need a QA username and password to log into MyQC.

If you would like to arrange a private session, please send your request

Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Carmelo Roob

Last Updated: 04/08/2023

Views: 5833

Rating: 4.4 / 5 (45 voted)

Reviews: 92% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Carmelo Roob

Birthday: 1995-01-09

Address: Apt. 915 481 Sipes Cliff, New Gonzalobury, CO 80176

Phone: +6773780339780

Job: Sales Executive

Hobby: Gaming, Jogging, Rugby, Video gaming, Handball, Ice skating, Web surfing

Introduction: My name is Carmelo Roob, I am a modern, handsome, delightful, comfortable, attractive, vast, good person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.